- The best way to call 9-1-1 by using keywords to bump your call to higher priority.
- To be more observant on a daily basis.
- Ways to recognize suspicious or illegal activity.
- Tips for your home and personal safety.
There will be a Volunteers in Patrol (VIP) training class on Saturday, December 6, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Northeast Police Station, 9915 E. Northwest Hwy. If this Saturday class doesn't work for you a weeknight training is in the works for the early 2015 (January or February) time frame. We'll let you know as soon as that is scheduled.
After completing VIP training you can be a member of the L Streets VIP program and are eligible to log patrols by driving, walking, or biking through the L Streets neighborhood (Crime Watch 1077 and 1089.) You'll need to let us know you're ready to go at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application and Requirements
Anyone interested in attending the class needs to complete and sign application and waiver forms and send them to DPD Officer Katherine Robinson (address below) by Wednesday, December 3. Membership Forms and VIP Forms are available on the L Streets Documents page. If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com or:
Katherine Robinson #10007
Neighborhood Policing Officer
Northeast Patrol Division
Dallas Police Department
In order to apply, you must:
- Be a Dallas County resident.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid Texas Drivers License or Identification Card and Social Security Card.
- Be a member of an established crime watch or homeowners group.
- Never have been convicted of a felony.
- Not have Misdemeanor A or B convictions in the last 5 years or DWI convictions in the last 10 years.
- Not have any outstanding tickets or warrants.
- Complete and sign an application, waiver of liability, and confidentiality agreement.
- Pass a criminal background check conducted by the Dallas Police Department's NPO Unit.