April 19, 2006

Some Bad Apples in the Neighborhood

From a neighbor who was a victim of a recent scam.

I let myself get scammed and I feel like an idiot because I knew it was happening from the start. I really do not know why I went through with it. I was having a garage sale a couple of weeks ago when a pickup with "fresh" fruit and veggies went by. I love fresh stuff, so I wanted to see if I could get some things. The truck was full of about 5 people and the head lady was busy talking with my neighbor. The "son" jumped out and would not let me look at the produce or speak to him about it. He said, "you have to wait for my Mom". She sold a bunch to my neighbor and came to me next. She was talking very fast and I think she was probably on speed or meth (drugs) The fruit she had me try was incredible, and she was SO persistant! I really only wanted a small amount of things, but she said she could only sell a big amount (ding ding...stupid me) I almost wanted to pay her to go away because I was having the garage sale and needed to tend to it. She would not stop talking and shoving samples at me. She would not move away from my doorstep! I even told her to please move because the juice is going to draw ants and she was blocking my door for customers! Well, the price was $ 87 for a big box of stuff. I "convinced" her to give me half a box for half the price ...OK, I know, I am a sucker! Anyway, when I got the stuff, which I did not pick out myself, because I was busy with my sale, was all total "expletive."
So, moral of the story...DO NOT BE STUPID LIKE ME and give your hard-earned money to these folks! They have a good scam going and I KNEW IT and STILL did it! I can see how someone else could also do the same...afterall, my neighbor bought the full box!

My friends, who were there, also later wondered why they had so many people in the truck. Perhaps these people are acting as "body guards" in case someone puts up a big stink? That is just strictly a guess, but who knows? It was a white pickup truck. I wish I had gotten the plate number. Anyway, people in our neighborhood should be warned about his and not to be bullied and not to be stupid like I was!

It happened in 8600 block of Lockhaven Drive on 4-9-06