June 7, 2008

New LHHS Principal


June 4, 2008


To the Lake Highlands Students, Faculty, Staff and Community:

Greetings! It is with great enthusiasm that I look forward to serving Lake Highlands High School as Principal. As a Richardson I.S.D. resident and principal, I am aware and impressed with the Lake Highlands legacy as a “School of Champions.” As a Blue Ribbon School and one of Newsweek’s “Best,” Lake Highlands’ history and accomplishments are a great foundation as we continue to grow our school’s legacy.

We will further realize the Lake Highlands’ promise as a high performing urban school that models mutual care for all stakeholders. My first priority is to maintain and forward the substantial community support that Dr. Iden, Dr. Simmons and the Richardson I.S.D. Board of Trustees have established. Through celebration of students and outreach to community organizations, we will focus our community resources to meet the needs of all Lake Highlands students.

As I meet our faculty and staff, I am impressed with their knowledge and commitment. With nationally known academics, sports and fine arts, I look forward to learning about the talents of our students and becoming acquainted with our families. Our school will continue its outstanding service to students and community by leading the district in college-ready students. We will continue to build a school with students that are truly together and are vested in Lake Highlands’ success.

During the course of the summer I am meeting with our administrative team, counseling team, teachers, students, PTA, and community organizations, so that I begin to fully understand the traditions and happenings in Lake Highlands. I welcome you to call the school or e-mail me at walter.kelly@risd.org. I look forward to hearing from you.



Respectfully,
Walter Kelly
Principal